Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Think PINK for 2011!

I think I've always loved every shade of pink. As a teen in the 80's, I wouldn't walk out the door without wearing at least one pink item. In fact, in my junior year, a friend bet me that I couldn't go a week without wearing pink and yes, he won. I was caught with little pink bows on my socks. My nickname to many was even "Pinky"! (If I can find a photo of the pink satin prom gown I had, I'll insert it later.)
When I "grew up" (yes, the jury is still out on if/when that has happened since I play with crayons, scissors and markers all day!), I even painted my first studio a very sweet, pale pink. The color just makes me happy and it also works well with my skin and hair tones. If I had my druthers, I'd have some pink in every room of my home...but living in "testosterone zone" doesn't allow me to do so!
So it's no surprise that when I heard recently that the Pantone Color of 2011 is Honeysuckle, I was tickled pink!
Last year's big color was Turquoise and I'm sure we'll continue to see many shades of this used in decor, especially for the boys. But bright and happy pink will be popping up in everything now from fashion to bedding and furniture. I guess it's time to break out my big pink purses and baubles again!
Enjoy some pink images from my designs, personal life and other collections below!
 Yes, my computer, and many items on my desk are pink. My company pens that I give out at conventions are pink, too!
I love my pink tool belt, and matching protective pink goggles.
Much of my wall art reflects my favorite color.
Many of the nurseries and rooms I've decorated were a sweet shade of pink!
Sneak peek at a recent girl's room I've completed for a television celebrity. Many shades of yummy pink here!
A favorite UGG purse I carry throughout the winter.
These boots are fun and really turn some heads! I wear them when feeling especially spunky and want to create a stir!

My favorite new cardigan available at White House Black Market.

I also love wearing my pink flower ring. I purchased mine at a little beach gift shop in Maryland, but you can find similar rings online easily.

I don't leave the house without my pink Ravens mug full of coffee. (Yep, Eric...you can take the girl out of Baltimore, but you can't take Baltimore out of the girl!)

And I always sport my pink Coach sunglasses. Notice my favorite fall jacket from Eddie Bauer, too! Lots and lots of pink in my wardrobe. And for the record...I've got more. But I'm keeping this a G rated post! ;)


My first, and so far- only venture into crib bedding design was this pink Bird's Nest set.

2 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'm a big fan of pink myself, Sherri! I love to wear pink; like you I believe it gives me a rosy glow and while I'm dark-haired, it also seems to work for me. I guess that's one of the great things about pink, just about anyone can wear it and look good! I love your nest bedding {paired with that bit of black, my favorite accompaniment to pink}.

Sherri Blum, CID said...

Kathy- I'm sure with your dark hair that pink looks FABULOUS on you!
Thanks for your compliment on the bedding. I had five designs planned, but sourcing the fabrics became a pain. As soon as I'd commit to one, it would end up discontinued and the design/images would have to be changed. I think I might leave the bedding to others who have the energy to deal with it! ;)
Merry Christmas to you!

Google