Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Revamped Website

I have to admit...I'm pretty proud of myself right now. I've been putting off tackling the makeover that my Jack and Jill Interiors website so desperately needed! You see, as a "starving artist" / designer ten years ago, I simply could not afford to hire someone to design my websites for Jack and Jill Interiors and Sherri Blum Designs. So I figured I had better learn how to design a site on my own. I solicited my friend, Wendy who had taken a few classes in web design at the local college and she spent two afternoons teaching me the ropes of website programs. I took extensive notes and dove right in with Jack and Jill Interiors.
Over the course of the past ten years, I've made many changes, shed countless tears, and I've royally messed up my site at times. I always knew that it looked a bit confused and at times even deranged, but it was the best I could do with my limited knowledge and budget. But over time, I taught myself more and even took on an entirely new software package and started over. However, with my divorce a few years ago and two moves, remarriage and two new step-children, licensing agreements and distant design clients- I wondered if I'd ever find the time to really figure out how to make my site look more professional.
With the upcoming publicity my company will be receiving (stay tuned for an announcement...not allowed to divulge details until the TV network powers say so!) my dear friend Joanne began prodding me to give my site some attention and ensure it properly reflects my attention to detail and professionalism! So I've spent the past week making drastic changes to the site and have even updated my logo. I would love it if you would check it out and feel free to make critical suggestions as well. The "press" page is not yet cleaned up, but that will be a project for another week, as I've got other projects to tackle for now. But I feel that the site has a great start and will provide the clean and professional look I wanted.
I know that most of my readers are either artists or interior designers like myself and are probably just as afraid as I was, to tackle something so technical and daunting. So for those of you who think that "artsy fartsy" types (aka "right-brained" people) are not capable of such "left-brained" projects, think again! This artsy-lefty was able to do it all by herself. I think I might open a bottle of wine tonight to celebrate my "impossible" accomplishment!
I'll leave you with a few images of my logos over the years.
Happy Decorating!
Sherri

My original logo from 2001 until about 2008

Logo from 2008 until 2011

No comments:

Google